Open research topics
- Thermodynamics of colloidal dispersions: stack formation of platelet-like fat particles due to entropic effects; thermodynamic modelling of stack formation; time-resolved neutron measurements to observe stack disintegration upon dilution
- Drug carrier system for DNA: Optimizing the preparation of triglyceride nanoparticle-DNA complexes with well defined particle size; characterization of particle structure (size, shape density distribution) by SAXS, SANS, PCS, DSC, TEM
- Picosecond dynamics in molecular liquids: time-of-flight neutron spectroscopy and MD simulations of chain motions
- Improving a state-of-the-art simulation and fitting software SASfit for Small Angle X-Ray Scattering (SAXS) data
- Nucleation and growth of metal oxide nanoparticles: resolving the unknown structure of precursor complexes for subsequent nanoparticle formation; investigation of nucleation and growth kinetics; determination of the influence of stabilizers on the kinetics of nanoparticle formation and the resulting minimum size of nanoparticles
For each of the topics, Bachelor and Master theses are available. Please
contact us for further information and to find a suitable thesis title
matching our current state of research.
If you are interested in one of the topics for your PhD, do not
hesitate to contact Prof. Dr. Tobias Unruh.
If you are interested to perform a master thesis in our working group do not hesitate to contact Prof. Dr. Tobias Unruh. We are looking forward to your application.
If you are interested to perform a bachelor thesis in our working group do not hesitate to contact Prof. Dr. Tobias Unruh. We are looking forward to your application.